Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog Entry #1

                  Pastel Still life Project
         I planned out my composition by having balance with the four different types of nail polishes and the shapes of them. I choose four items that would all look good together. The unity of the nail polishes creates a calm mood with the balance of colors and arrangement of the polishes.A thumb nail sketch is basically a brief sketch of the big picture.It helped me organize how i wanted my final drawing to look. A view finder helps you focus the whole scene and help determine the pastels work orientation.t The viewfinder showed me how i wanted to arrange my 4 objects. I had to try many different ways to see which one suited my expectations best. My items were nail polish bottles so they were oval shaped. Many items in my pastel drawing appear 3-dimensional, this is created by coloring different parts lighter or darker , also known as value. In addition to that I used contour lines to help give my objects a rounded like shape to make them appear more 3D. I used a creative light source which gave me the idea of creating cool shadows which just pull the whole picture all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment