Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog entry #2

Ceramics Project        
             The medium for this project is clay. My bowl is 12in long and 4in tall. it is used as a decorative bowl. you could also use it to serve small candy's like M&Ms. For my piece I used a bowl and layed the clay around the outside of the bowl. To create my design I, flattened out the clay by rolling it then I used a cutting tool to create the flower like edges. inside the bowl is a sun like figure made out of only dots. I leaned that things take time I was so in a hurry to just glaze it right after I molded it. I realized patience is the key. If I were to go back I would change how big the inside of my bowl would be, it ended up coming at smaller then I imagined so I would have to  proportion it better by useing a bowl with a deeper dish to wrap the clay around as opposed to the small  one i ended up useing. Other than that the outcome of my project was very good, I really enjoyed doing this project because i liked working with the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment