Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blog Entry #3

                Acrylic Landscape Painting
           I organized my painting by creating a background by mixing hot oranges and cool blues to create a desert atmosphere. I found my inspiration for my picture in the TIME magazine. my composition pulls the viewer in to look at the hot desert like view. There is movement in my painting in the sky, the different shades of blue form to create an atmosphere of a hot breezy blue sky. The main focus in my painting goes to the pom trees, they are viewed as in front of the buildings in the far background. I proportioned the trees to be bigger than everything else because they are of main focus. I made the buildings small so the pom trees would like like they are in-front of the buildings. My light source was put in the left corner meaning the trees shadow would be facing the right and be slanted. i used many different brush strokes, for the pom trees i used a small pointy brush and did light strokes, for the sky I used a thick brush with side to side strokes to create and ombre of blues. To conclude value was used throughout my painting the desert hills have a mix of warm oranges at the bottom and cool oranges at the top. the tree trunks ave mixes of browns with tints of green in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment